Friday the 1st
- 8 AM Elberta Master Plan Meeting, Elberta Library
Sundays, 3, 10, 17, 24
- 1 PM–2 PM Alert Editorial Office Hours, Elberta Library
Monday the 4th
- 5 PM to 8 PM Last day to register to vote in the May 3 Election. Call Sharyn Bower, Gilmore Township clerk, at 352-4901.
Tuesday the 5th
- 7 PM Elberta Planning and Zoning Commission Meeting, Elberta Library
Wednesday the 6th
- 7 PM Parks and Recreation Committee Regular Meeting, Village Community Building
Friday the 8th
- 6 PM First Annual Rotten Tomato Film Festival, Garden Theater, Frankfort and Betsie Bay Inn
Saturday the 9th
- 8 PM Benefit to help fund the quest for life for our friend, Sairy, as she battles Lyme, Babesia and Bartonella, Cabbage Shed. The Aunt Martha Band. $10
Tuesday the 12th
- 6:30 PM Grow Benzie Workshop, “Transplanting Seeds,” with Craig Schaaf. 5885 M-115, Benzonia. $7 individuals/$10 couples and families.
- 7 PM Regular Gilmore Township Board Meeting, Elberta Library
Wednesday the 13th
- Benzie Democrats rally at the Capitol: We Are The People. “Politicians are unfairly exploiting Michigan’s economic crisis to attack the people of Michigan.” State Capitol Building- 100 Capitol Ave, Lansing. The Northern Building Trades Council have two buses leaving from the Traverse City area. For a seat on these buses Call Pat Maher 231-590-1112
Thursday the 14th
- 3:30 PM – 5:30 PM Grand Vision Benzie meeting “Growth and Investment.” Benzie Government Center, 448 Court Place, Beulah.
Saturday the 16th
- 4 PM–6 PM Ham and Scalloped Potatoes Community Dinner at Elberta’s best church, Elberta United Methodist, 555 Lincoln Ave. All are welcome!
Thursday the 21st
- 7 PM Regular meeting of the Village Council, Village Community Building
Saturday the 23rd
- 9 AM – 10:30 AM 12th Annual Beach-to-Beach Cleanup with Friends of Betsie Bay. Celebrate Earth Day (April 22) by helping to keep our beach clean. Sponsored by the Alliance for the Great Lakes. Bring gloves and friends—trash bags provided. Meet at Elberta’s Marina/Farmers Market Park.
- 12 noon – 4 PM Open Call for Dancers, audition for Chaotic Harmony, a dance performance directed by Gretchen Eichberger, at Eastern Michigan University’s Parsons Center, approximately 12 miles southeast of Traverse City. To schedule your audition, please contact Gretchen Eichberger at 231-871-0215 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday the 28th
- 6 PM (fourth Thursdays) Public Safety Committee Meeting with Sheriff Rory Heckmann to discuss county security issues. Benzie County Sheriff’s Office, 505 S. Michigan Ave., Beulah
- 6:30 PM Progressive Dinner at the Mayfair Tavern: Kosher for Passover Theme. 515 Frankfort Ave. Call 231-360-8292 for reservations