I have a few questions for you to pull out of your file cabinet of 57 yrs. You continue to make suggestions at meetings that pertain to certain council members and don’t name us. I would like you to go into your file cabinet and pull this information for me please.
1. When did the village decide the treasurer and clerk needed 64 hours a week to do the job most communities this size do in 20 hours?
2. What council made the decision that 32 hours a week qualified the office for full time benefits instead of the 40 the garage has to work?
3. What council made the decision that full insurance, 11 1 /2 paid holidays, a month’ s paid vacation and 6 sick days was a good idea for an economically challenged village? Maybe the sick days gives the month?
4. What was the basis for the decision that the clerk and treasurer set their vacation days, hours they work, and overtime?
5. How many dollars has the village spent on insurance for the village president when he was already insured through the teachers union, until he qualified for Medicare? Why did the treasurer require the village to pay high premiums when they could have paid for her to be on her husband’s insurance? Why did the clerk cost so much to insure when she was on Medicare? Is this how the office saved the village thousands of dollars in the last 18 years?
6. How many times did the husbands on council vote on financial decisions that included their wives and money in their household?
7. If there is indeed a policy and procedure manual Mr. Holmes why are you the only one that seems to have one? Would you look and tell me does it have a conflict of interest policy?
8. If there is no conflict and the president has the village’s best interest at heart why would you support him voting no on the 20% contribution towards health care for employees?
9. What other information or manuals do you have that the rest of the council does not? By-laws in there somewhere?
10. Was there ever a bid process for insurance packages in the past or to hire auditors? Who chose the companies the village uses and does it come up for bid at budget time?
11. Were you aware Mr. Holmes that the village has failed deficit elimination plans and council was not notified or copied on those letters? Did the quarterly reports that did not get filed cost the village tax revenue?
12. Who made the decision for the village to purchase Blue Stone Catering equipment?
13. Is there a policy in your manual that says it is ok for the village president to call a special meeting for the appointment of a temporary clerk one week before a council meeting and no special meeting or utilization of that meeting to talk about the deficit elimination plan?
14. When was the decision made that Gilmore township clerk and treasurer (same as village clerk and treasurer) be allowed to utilize the village office for another outside job? Is that even legal? Look at your Gilmore tax bill and see what is posted for office hours. Where do you buy your burial plots?
15. Who gave the authority for the office staff and some council members or their families to use the village dumpster when everyone else in the village has to pay for trash pick up?
16. How many attorney fees has the village had to endure because of your statements and the clerk’s mistakes?